The Jonestown Police Department is starting an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer. |
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Patrols assigned area by vehicle or other means. Responds to emergency situations. Administers emergency medical care. Directs and reroutes traffic around fire or other disruptions. Investigates unusual or suspicious conditions, traffic accidents or complaints. Issues traffic citations.
2. Patrols Lake Travis by boat or jet ski. Enforce the Texas Water Safety Act and city ordinances pertaining to the lake.
3. Writes reports on investigations, offenses, arrests and activities. Prepares probable cause affidavits, books and guards prisoners. Questions suspects.
4. Contacts and assists the public. Transports prisoners. Collects and preserves evidence.
5. Testifies in court.
6. Disperses unruly crowds.
7. Participates in training conferences and programs. Performs surveillance of businesses or citizens.
8. Operates data terminal. Communicates by radio and monitor transmissions.
9. Reports problem areas and facilitate solutions.
10. Enforces federal, state and local laws.
Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Texas Municipal League
- 17 months ago - save job