With more than 20,000 employees in North America, CN has a rich history and a promising future. We’re more than just a railroad. We are a transportation company that offers integrated solutions such as rail, intermodal, truck, transit shipping, warehousing and distribution. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of transportation with CN?
CN is seeking a Railroad Commissioned Police Officer / Patrol Officer for work in the State of Illinois, and will be based in Harvey.
The Patrol Officer will provide police service protecting the Railroad, its employees and its customers against fire, theft, vandalism and other depredation, and may be required to render credible testimony in a court of law, and before railroad disciplinary hearings. The Patrol Officer will be responsible for conducting investigations and surveillance. The Patrol Officer works under the prescribed rules of state law, federal law and court decisions as well as corporate policies, department policies and the current labor agreement.
This position will be required to respond to emergency calls sometimes working an irregular schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays to protect a 24-hour/7-day a week operation.
The successful applicant will:
- Have successfully completed an accredited law enforcement program or equivalent
- Must be a certified law enforcement officer in the State of Illinois, with a minimum of 3 years experience in law enforcement.
- Superior interpersonal skills in order to maintain positive relationships with other departments of the Company and local law enforcement agencies cooperating in matters of mutual concern.
- Possess sound judgment, be autonomous and demonstrate initiative
- Possess a strong ability to make tough decisions in a timely manner
- Be certified/or be able to certify for First Aid and CPR
- Possess a valid drivers' license
- Frequent travel (preventive patrols) over a large geographical area. Preference will be given to qualified applicants in the geographical area.
Canadian National Railway - 5 months ago