Records Management Program Coordination and Information Maintenance
Perform business process analysis and breakdown
- Gains detailed knowledge of TRS Records Retention and Disposition Schedule Framework
- Ensures compliance with NYS Archive Records Retention and Management standards.
- Ensures compliance with New York City Municipal Records standards.
- Develops TRS Records Management standards and ensures compliance.
- Coordinates inventory of records for each TRS department and unit.
- Reconciles record inventory with of TRS Records Retention and Disposition Schedule.
- Coordinates and ensures maintenance of inventory of all boxes in storage for each TRS unit.
- Works with storage vendor to ensure that records inventory is up to date.
- Ensures compliance with TRS Records Management Policies and Procedures.
Develops and maintains Policy and Procedure documentation
- Reviews and documents detailed processes performed by business units.
- Reviews requirements and design documents for new enhancements.
- Determines impact of policy changes and enhancements on business processes.
- Establishes and maintains business process outlines and workflows.
Communication and General Administrative Duties
- Researches TRS pension laws, rules, regulations, and resolutions.
- Works with Legal on policy issues and interpretation of laws.
- Develops agency policies in support of high risk areas.
- Develops procedure documentation in support of business units.
- Communicates policy and procedure changes to TRS departments.
- Ensures compliance with TRS Policy & Procedure standards and methodologies.
- Supports development records management procedures.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- Conducts meetings and documents meeting minutes.
- Prepares reports and management summaries on work performed.
- Prepares research papers and recommendations.
- Prepares and conducts presentation to management and staff.
- Communicates internally and with other agencies and pension systems.
- Supports PPRM team in achieving joint objectives.
- Performs other assignments as required.
1. An associate degree or completion of 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by 9 semester credits in mathematics, statistics, accounting and/or actuarial science and two years of satisfactory full-time experience performing mathematical, statistical, actuarial or accounting computations in one or more of the following: a) a retirement or employee benefits plan;
b) for customer service in a financial institution; and/or c) in a position requiring the application of law, rules and regulations and the use of statistical, actuarial or similar tables; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and four years of the experience described in "1" above. Each 15 semester credits from an accredited college including at least 3 credits in the areas described in "1" above may be substituted for each 6 months of experience to a maximum of 2 years experience. All candidates must have a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least 2 years of experience as described in "1" above.
- Proficient in MS Office and preferably with advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in highly complex computer systems environment and to quickly grasp and communicate technical concepts.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated, self-directed manner within broad parameters agreed upon with the PPRM Deputy Director.
- Maintain a high degree of professional discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience developing agency records management, procedure, policy, or technical documentation.
All NYC Employees must apply via ESS.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 2 years ago