The Health Policy Analyst will focus on health reform implementation in California and on health information exchange (HIE), and also will be part of CU’s national health reform team.
• Graduate degree in public policy, health policy, public health, economics, law or related field and a minimum 5 years of experience in policy, advocacy, legislative or administrative work.
• Substantive knowledge of the ACA and health care programs and insurance.
• Excellent research, writing, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative, think creatively, work independently and in a local team as well as with national team.
• Experience with media and social media as an advocacy tool a plus.
• Knowledge of California nonprofits and strong public interest background.
• Identify opportunities and strategies for legislative, administrative, and health marketplace activities in California.
• Research and write issue briefs on identified health insurance/HIE policy issues.
• Collaborate with allied consumer groups on reform and HIE activities and actions.
• Engage with the public, media, all parts of CU and Consumer Reports on reform and HIE issues.
• Monitor and develop strategies for combating deceptive practices around the ACA and rising health insurance rates.
ConsumerReports.org - 5 months ago