PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
PATH's Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities by working with policymakers, coalitions, and other influential individuals and groups. The APP department is seeking a Director of Policy Communications who will advise on, develop and oversee the implementation of communications in support of PATH’s policy and advocacy goals. The Director of Policy Communications will report to the Senior Director of Policy and Advocacy. They will be part of a team of more than 25 staff working in five countries to promote PATH’s policy and advocacy goals. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Advocacy and Public Policy Department Leadership:
- Serve on APP leadership team which determines the overall priorities and direction of the department and advises on department operations
- Oversee APP policy communications department strategy development and implementation, including budgeting and ongoing budget management for activities
- Serve as Special Advisor to External Relations (ER) on PATH’s outreach and visibility strategy, with a dotted-line report to the ER VP
- Serve as APP representative on ER senior communications committees
- Serve as media communications advisor to ER Media Relations for media engagement
Policy Communications Team Strategy and Deliverables:
- Carry out media relations on behalf of APP in coordination with the ER Media Relations Team
- Support APP policy experts in the conceptualization and implementation of communications strategies to reach policy and advocacy goals
- Ensure the visibility of APP activities internally and externally through the PATH website, annual advocacy report, institutional events, etc.
- Provide strategic consultation to PATH programs (US and in-country) on media and communications strategies to achieve policy goals
- Oversee reporting of APP indicators and metrics from communications products and events in support of policy priorities
Supervision and Strategic Oversight of Policy Communications Staff:
- Supervise and support the development of three APP policy communications staff responsible for publications development, events coordination, and multimedia creation
- Oversee the development and implementation of work plans and deliverables
- Oversee the APP policy communications budget, contracts and reporting
- Assist APP policy communications staff in internal PATH engagement
- Represent PATH in external policy communications working groups and events
- Partner with the Senior Policy and Advocacy Officers for US, In-Country and Global efforts in APP in expanding the policy communications engagement component of their work with other partners
- Build relationships with strategic communications firms or consultants that can support APP’s efforts on an as-needed or ongoing basis
Other duties as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven success at leveraging a variety of communications methods to influence policy and inform policymakers.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Adept at working in a complex team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles and personalities.
- Proven success at managing a team of communications staff.
Graduate degree in communications, public relations or related discipline, plus a minimum of seven years of experience in communications; may be an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in communications for global health or development and in targeting advocacy audiences preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard