- Ensure Umbrella policy transactions are rated, booked, invoiced and issued accurately and meet the corporate time service standards. Such transactions may be quotes, new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations.
- Screen transactions to determine proper processing. Refer transactions to underwriters that require their approval, complete transactions directly if within delegated authority limits.
- Classify autos and/or assign General Liability class codes, with final approval by the underwriter.
- Complete reinsurance deal sheets, with underwriter’s final approval and follow up with the reinsurers for certificates.
- Review renewals and provide appropriate instructions and legal notice wording to the Operation Assistants with final approval by the underwriter.
- Communicate, as needed, with Accounting, Loss Control and Reinsurance to answer policy questions and resolve issues.
- Work with system support to test releases when the verification of successful programming involves a review of the production environment.
- Order loss control surveys per the underwriter’s instructions. Review premium finance certificates and underlying policy information. Enter location coding to ensure accurate recording of claims.
- Electronically print documents into the imaging system, page mark and label the documents appropriately adhering to the corporate protocols.
- Communicate, as needed, with producers to obtain information needed to complete transactions, etc. Contribute to service excellence by answering producer questions in regards to policy status and insurance inquiries.
- 3+ years insurance knowledge (preferred Umbrella or Casualty)
- High school graduate, college preferred.
- Solid computer skills including Word, Excel: E-mail & Internet Based Technology
Crum & Forster - 17 months ago