The Open Technology Institute at New America Foundation (OTI) seeks a Policy Research Associate to support the policy work of the program. OTI formulates policy and regulatory reforms to support open architectures and open source innovations. It works to promote affordable, universal, and ubiquitous communications networks through partnerships with communities, researchers, industry, and public interest groups. |
The position offers an opportunity to research and work on a variety of communication, media and technology issues, including Internet and broadband policy, spectrum, media diversity, and open government.
Additional responsibilities include assisting with events and conferences as well as various administrative tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor ’s degree; 1 –2 years of work experience; proven research, writing and editing skills; and be a flexible, self-motivated and enthusiastic team player.
The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Provide research for papers, regulatory filings, articles and other materials.
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check documents.
- Contribute to blog posts, press releases, and event descriptions.
- Assist with the organization of policy events, roundtables, and conferences.
- Perform additional administrative duties as needed.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Interest and familiarity with current technology and communications policy issues
- Proven research, analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Familiarity with Internet research tools
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Bachelor ’s or master ’s degree.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (up to six pages). No phone calls please. The New America Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
New America Foundation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -