Job Title: Policy Service Representative I
Job ID: 03630
Division : Integrated Sales & Service
Work Location(s): United States-Missouri-St Joseph
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides customer service through various direct/indirect customer contact channels. Representatives quickly resolve service problems in an unscripted customer care center environment with a focus on one call resolution. Assesses customer needs and advises on policy coverage and options. Participates in on-the-job development programs to apply new knowledge and skills in a live environment.
Shift requires some night and weekend hours.
Policy Sales & Service Representative I work to obtain appropriate insurance licenses and learn to service, sell, quote, bind coverage for prospects and existing customers of American Family Insurance. They complete extensive training and development programs for them to gain product knowledge, sales and customer service skills needed to effectively review existing coverage and advise prospects and customers regarding policy, coverage and options. They demonstrate proficiency in all direct lines of business and meet sales, service and quality goals.
- Customer Service (40%)
- Responds to customer inquiries, and serves customers according to the customer experience model.
- Reviews existing coverage and advises customers regarding policy options. Identifies gaps in coverage and advise the customer of their risks; recommends additional coverage as needed, suggests cost saving options.
- Communicates with agents to jointly service customers and provide confirmation of transactions.
- Collaborates cross-divisionally to achieve a seamless customer experience. Supports other call centers during high call volumes.
- Gains and demonstrates knowledge of insurance regulations and standards to assist customers. Understands and comply with company standards and procedures in servicing customers.
- Meets customer satisfaction goals.
- Sales (40%)
- Sells available insurance products to new or existing clients via various customer contact channels. Estimates and quotes policy premiums complying with underwriting guidelines.
- Makes appropriate recommendations on policy coverages and options, closes sales, and process applications in an accurate manner.
- Gathers all necessary information to asses if prospective customers meet underwriting guidelines. Contacts appropriate division for underwriting guidance when needed.
- Meets sales and sales quality goals.
- Manages sales leads, tracks contacts and performs follow-up sales calls.
- Gains and demonstrates knowledge of American Family's competitive advantage by comparing competitor products and services.
- Knowledge & Competence Development (20%)
- Obtains insurance licenses in property, casualty, life and health for all operating states and/or service states.
- Completes extensive training and development programs to gain knowledge of all offered products and underwriting requirements. Develops sales and customer service skills needed to effectively review coverage, advise prospects and customers regarding coverage options, and close sales.
- Completes training to develop a solid foundation relative to sales and customer service practices and procedures, policy processing systems, and business rules.
- Participates in on-the-job development programs to apply new knowledge and skills in a live environment while receiving support of team managers or Senior Representatives.
- Partners with a mentor to further acquire technical expertise necessary to respond to sales and service scenarios and to gain confidence in problem resolution and decision making.
- Continually improves knowledge of insurance industry, products, underwriting requirements, sale, customer service, and supporting technology.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Selling/Marketing Analysis
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Must maintain property and casualty producer licenses for all operating states and/or service states. Required to pass the state licensing exam for property and casualty producer license within 21 days of hire date. Property and casualty licenses for all operating and/or service states must be obtained within 45 days of hire date.
- Demonstrated experience in sales or customer service.
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer).
- Keyboarding/typing ability at 25 wpm.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...