At the Analyst Institute, we invent secret weapons for progressive politics — new strategies to inspire voters, build grassroots power, win elections, and more. We conduct scientific tests to see what actually works in voter contact, and we spread those best practices to progressive campaigns, nonprofits and advocacy groups. It's pretty much the coolest job a data analyst can have.
Our Political Data Analysts are the beating heart of our work. You’ll be part of a close-knit and capable team, working to apply your love of data and politics to some of the biggest campaigns and elections in the world. Your coworkers, clients and partners will be among the best in the business. If you’re passionate about data, statistics, and technology, and if you believe political activism can make change for the better, we want to talk to you.
As an Analyst, you'll get to do some, if not all, of the following:
- Have direct impact on the outcome of campaigns by running innovative experiments.
- Work with nearly 10 years of past experimental results to draw broad lessons for the progressive community.
- Run statistical analyses and prepare reports and visualizations of results.
- Communicate the results to decision makers.
- If you’re technically inclined, you can help build the cutting-edge tools we use in our day-to-day work.
Analysts must be committed to AI’s mission of advancing progressive causes through cutting-edge experimental research, and accordingly must have a strong background in quantitative analysis. Analysts must also be self-motivated, comfortable working in a team environment on multiple projects at once under deadlines, and specifically should have:
Ideal candidates may also have some of the following skills (though these are definitely not required):
- Data management and analysis experience in an academic or professional setting, preferably in the context of experimental design;
- Statistical software experience such as Stata or R;
- Excellent writing skills ;
- Quick learning ; the ability to learn new skills quickly on the job, and to keep up with relevant developments in statistics and/or the social sciences; and
- Professionalism in dealing with our partners.
- Experience in managing the implementation of large scale field experiments or political field programs in an academic or professional setting;
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases;
- Ability to program in a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.), and use version control systems; or
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and advanced techniques for predictive analytics.
- Competitive compensation . We’re mission-driven, but we pay people what they're worth.
- Healthcare . Generous employer-paid health benefits.
- Three weeks of vacation .
- Room for promotion . We’re growing and getting more ambitious; there's room for moving up.
- Start date: As soon as reasonably possible.
Analyst Institute - 10 months ago