Requisition ID: |
Polysomnography Technologist - Sleep Lab - Full Time 10 Hour Nights
Keck Hospital of USC/USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Keck Hospital of USC
Health Sciences Campus
Percent of time for Part-time Position:
Behind every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals who help make the Keck Medical Center of USC one of region's premier medical facilities.
As a member of the USC health care team, you will help build upon the university's exceptional expertise in patient care as well taking advantage of our excellent compensation package that could include shift and weekend differentials, online rewards-based scheduling, and generous educational benefits.
Come be a part of a world-class health care facility and an important member of the Trojan family.
The polysomnography technologist performs and evaluates overnight polysomnograms and other types of sleep studies . The individual will function independently to safely operate sophisticated medical equipment to record sleep physiology. The technologist will understand the function of equipment used to monitor and record polysomnograms. Knowledge of normal cardiorespiratory, neurological, and sleep physiology is essential. Primary duties include the application of recording devices to the patient, monitoring the polysomnogram and cleaning and disinfection of equipment. Polysomnographic technologists must recognize sleep pathology when it occurs and respond with the appropriate interventions to ensure patient safety. The polysomnography technologist administers oxygen, nasal continuous positive airway pressure, and ventilatory assist devices in accordance with established policy and procedures. This individual may also perform special procedures such as multiple sleep latency testing, capnography, ambulatory monitoring, record review\scoring, and patient education.
- Minimum of Associate of Science Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience performing Sleep Studies in a Hospital setting preferable.
- Licensed by the state of California as a Respiratory Care Practitioner and credentialed by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or
- Credentialed by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPGST).
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
- A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 90 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Preferred Field of Expertise:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Keck Medical Center of USC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard