The purpose of this position is to supervise all assigned pool personnel, enforce all rules and regulations, plan, organize, coordinate, schedule and direct the pool activities including rentals, programs and special events, all pool maintenance, including chemicals, water balance, backwashing, Chemtrol operation, vacuum operation, and maintain facility sanitation. Develops and conducts in-service training, supervises the collection and deposits of all pool monies, prepares reports on pool operations; performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides premier customer service to internal and external customers by educating customers, resolving customer concerns, meeting customer needs, responding to requests and maintaining a safe and clean pool environment in a professional manner.
- Interview, hire, train, schedule, motivate, discipline and supervise all pool personnel.
- Provide/teach water safety instruction programs.
- Assist with coordinating and providing rentals, programs, and special events for the pool.
- Oversee general facility maintenance and cleanliness including: water balance, chemical regulation, backwashing, filling pools, operating Chemtrol system, cleaning bathhouse showers, toilets, floors, sinks, office areas, pool deck, trash removal, pick up trash in and around pool yard, clean skimmer baskets, clean pool equipment, clean pool tile and vacuum pool.
- Coordinates lifeguard rotations and provides lifeguards during all pool use. May assist on stand as needed.
- Provide in-service training each week on safety and emergency procedures.
- Implement and supervise cash management procedures; verify accuracy of revenue reports; reconcile reports and institute controls on cash handling as needed.
- Render emergency care as needed.
- Ensure all State of Texas and City of Cedar Hill pool regulations and policies are followed during the pool season. Ensures enforcement of regulations and policies by pool staff.
- Assists in ordering items for proper pool operation.
- Requires regular attendance.
- Performs related duties and special projects as needed.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One to three month supervisory experience in an aquatic setting, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current American Red Cross (or equivalent) certifications in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor Certification and Certified pool Operator Certification.
- Pass pre-employment skills test and written exam for Lifeguarding.
Complete online application at Cedar Hill City Website at www.cedarhilltx.com. The City of Cedar Hill can no longer accept actual/faxed applications. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. There are computers at the Cedar Hill Library for applicants that do not have access to a computer at home. If you are having trouble with the NEOGOV Applicant tracking site, please call the NEOGOV technical support number at 1-877-204-4442 and select option 1.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Cedar Hill will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs. For any special requests, please call Human Resources at 972-291-5100, ext 1050.
The City of Cedar Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of genetic information in compliance with GINA, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, or disability in hiring, conditions, or termination of employment. Final applicants for employment with the City of Cedar Hill are subject to drug testing and background screening.
CITY OF CEDAR HILL
285 Uptown Blvd Bldg #100
Cedar Hill, TX 75104