Pore Pressure Engineer
As a part of our Geopressure Technology Group, the Pore Pressure Engineer is a key onsite expert, working at the rig site from a sophisticated, self-contained laboratory. This expert proactively delivers actionable intelligence on pore pressures, fracture gradients, rock properties, and wellbore stability conditions during drilling operations. Other duties include managing the onsite client relationship and participating in development of leading-edge procedures and equipment for pore pressure engineering.
Schlumberger’s industry-leading training programs promote career-long advancement in both technical and personal development. Pore Pressure Engineers have opportunities to progress to other fields such as geomechanics, geophysics, drilling and measurements, drilling fluid geochemistry, drill bits, and mud engineering.
- Monitors tasks to ensure efficient performance of drilling operations.
- Ensures company process is followed for acquisition of pressure and wellbore stability data.
- Gathers and analyzes geophysical, geologic, and geochemical data during drilling.
- Serves as company’s onsite representative, providing daily reports on borehole conditions and drilling operations.
- Takes part in training programs for pore pressure, fracture gradient, and wellbore stability.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, geosciences, geochemistry, petroleum geology, or similar field.
- Minimum 8 years of exposure to O&G industry as a Data Engineer; additional specialization and experience in pore pressure engineering required.
- Working knowledge of wellsite operations and good understanding of drilling processes.
- Excellent analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Customer service skills; business development or sales exposure preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English; additional languages a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Willingness to work in a multicultural, multinational environment.
- Mobility for international assignments and travel required.
Schlumberger - 2 years ago
Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, it...