Portal Software Engineer
ecoATM is an award winning and exciting company, who is rapidly building a nationwide network of automated kiosks for recycling cell phones and other electronic devices. We are currently looking for an experienced and talented Portal Software Engineer to join our team.
In this position you will be working with our fast-paced engineering team to help build out our web services infrastructure, implementing various internal and external-facing interfaces to a variety of other systems. As a member of the engineering team, you will work at all levels of the software architecture including development of database schema enhancements, data access layer, business logic layer and Restful Web Service endpoints.
· Design and implementation of Web Service endpoints along with accompanying business logic and data access layer software, as directed by engineering management
· Interfacing with a variety of external systems via Web Services
· Implementing well-architected, well-documented, high-quality code at a fast pace
· Interaction with software, hardware, quality, marketing and other departments
· Developing a clear understanding of the big picture and customer/internal requirements
· Conducting medium-scale testing and validation of algorithms and delivered software
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Experience with MS SQL Server 2008
· Experience with database schema design
· Strong OOD/OOP and UML skills required
· Strong experience designing and developing n-tiered web-based applications
· Experience in an Agile development environment
· Excellent problem-solving skills; must be an “outside the box” thinker
· Excellent communication skills
· Must thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
· Must have the ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
Education & Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Software Engineering or similar
· 4+ years’ experience designing and developing applications using Microsoft C#, Microsoft .NET 3.5 or later, and Visual Studio 2010 or later
· 2+ years’ experience designing and developing Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Restful Web Service applications with Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later
EcoATM has set out to forever alter the wasteful lifecycle of consumer electronics by automating the inspection and buy-back of these devices directly from consumers. ecoATM’s revolutionary eCycling stations (reminiscent of an ATM machine) provides cash to consumers for their used electronics by simply placing it in the ecoATM for automated inspection and testing. Working or not, the consumer will be offered compensation based on its market value. Cash is dispensed on the spot by the ecoATM. If the device has no remaining value, ecoATM will offer to recycle the device or accessory using the best environmental practices and processes possible.
With over 150 million phones alone sold per year in the U.S., the existing take-back solutions were not functional for that problem alone, which resulted in most used phones going into drawers or landfills. ecoATM’s solution targets mobile phones and accessories first and is in the process of transforming eWaste to the benefit of consumers, retailers and the environment alike. For more information, please visit our website at www.ecoatm.com .
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...