Clean designated areas assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) :
- Vacuum carpet areas including resident rooms, hallways, and common areas
- Mop and clean tile areas including resident rooms and common areas
- Empty trash in their designated area
- Clean bathrooms including tub, shower, and toilet areas
- Work in common areas such as the lobby or offices as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Attend all mandatory employee meetings
- Understand and follow MSDS rules for the handling and use of any chemicals
- Report any observed violations of property rules and regulations to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Report any needed repairs to maintenance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with residents, management and coworkers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; stand; sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by the jobs include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
American Campus Communities - 14 months ago
American Campus Communities (ACC) actually does most of its business off campus. The self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) owns...