Cushman & Wakefield is the world’s largest privately ‐ held commercial real estate services firm. Founded in 1917, it has 253 offices in 60 countries and nearly 15,000 employees. It offers a complete range of services for all property types, including leasing, sales and acquisitions, equity, debt and structured finance, corporate finance and investment banking, corporate services, property management, facilities management, project management, consulting and appraisal.
It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity and, as such, we the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Job Title: Porter – New York, NY
- Responsible for keeping offices, hallways, stairs, and other areas within the building in clean and orderly condition by performing basic cleaning duties. May also perform clean-up and basic maintenance of the surrounding grounds and premises. Performs other related cleaning, basic maintenance, and incidental duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily interior cleaning of the building including emptying waste receptacles, debris and trash removal, vacuuming/shampooing floors and carpets, dusting and cleaning furniture, cleaning restrooms, washing walls, polishing, mopping floors, cleaning up spills, cleaning windows and window coverings, etc., in accordance with established procedures and as directed by a Supervisor.
- May be required to perform exterior building and premises cleaning and basic maintenance including exterior walls and windows, parking lots and structures, gardens and lawns, pools/spas, curbs/gutters, exterior hallways and stairwells, etc.
- May be directed to assist with minor maintenance and repair work including painting, replacement of lights bulbs and fixtures (interior and exterior), replacement of windows, moving furniture and equipment, repairing doors and gates, minor landscaping and related upkeep and repairs, and simple plumbing and fixture repairs/replacements.
- Other assigned duties (depending on the building, facility, and client needs) may include gardening and lawn care, assisting with inventory control and supply ordering, snow removal, and assisting with tenant moves.
- Expected to promptly notify management of spills and emergency situations, need for major and minor building/facility repairs, lights that are out or broken, broken equipment and fixtures, damaged structures, ruptured pipes/plumbing, problems with heating/cooling and ventilation, and any other observable safety issues/concerns.
- Expected to properly and safely use and operate related equipment, tools, devices, and chemical/cleaning agents including mops, vacuums, electric polishing machines, power tools and equipment, and special cleaning solutions in order to efficiently perform the duties and to avoid harming floors, fixtures, individuals, and themselves.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Some cleaning experience and basic mechanical knowledge is desirable.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Must be able to follow through and carry out work orders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Individual needs to be reliable, thorough, observant, organized, flexible and courteous
- Physical requirements; lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of equipment and supplies up 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. often, and up to 10 lbs. regularly.
Cushman and Wakefield - 15 months ago
Cushman & Wakefield is the world’s largest privately‐held commercial real estate services firm. The company advises and...