Assurant is a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and build leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets. The Assurant business units provide debt protection administration; credit-related insurance; warranties and service contracts; pre-funded funeral insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; manufactured housing homeowners insurance; individual health and small employer group health insurance; group dental insurance; group disability insurance; and group life insurance.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
As part of the investment management group, the Portfolio Analyst would provide support for AAM’s complete portfolio including fixed income, commercial mortgages, and equity real estate investments by helping to maintain and develop internal risk analysis tools and provide portfolio analytic support.
• Maintain current analytical models and assist in the development of new portfolio management tools using Microsoft Excel/Access/SQL.
• Develop/enhance current database systems to fully integrate all asset classes.
• Develop reports & dashboards for multiple constituents including senior management.
• Automate trade input and reconciliation processes.
• Work with Investment Accounting to insure the validity and integrity of data in the internal accounting system (PAM).
• Create efficiencies in existing processes using automation.
• Perform data integrity checks as well as cleanup of data in existing systems including PAM, YieldBook, Bloomberg, and proprietary databases.
• Process documentation.
• Model security details in investment accounting and risk analytics systems.
• Prepare quarterly income forecasts and attribution.
• Prepare quarterly business unit reports.
• Calculate total return and performance attribution.
• Produce ad-hoc reporting integrating data from varied sources including YieldBook, PAM, Bloomberg, and other internal and external sources.
• Applicant must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills including creation of pivot tables, data queries, and array formulas and advanced Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) skills, including writing and troubleshooting VBA code.
• Applicant should have SQL programming and database management experience or requisite skills.
• B.A./B.S. required. Finance, Management Information Systems focus preferred.
• 2+ years experience preferred.
• Prior experience with investment analytics desirable, but not required.
• Knowledge of investment accounting systems desirable, but not required.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Proven project management skills.
• Ability to work in a team but also understand instructions quickly and work independently.
• Organizational skills and flexibility in handling multiple demands and changing priorities.
• Ability to problem solve, provide new ideas and suggestions.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 37039
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...