The Portfolio Analyst has a primary responsibility for trade implementation and strategic rebalancing of new and existing client fixed income accounts. This involves regularly making and implementing tactical investment decisions for clients and/or recommending client investment selections from a broad range of individual securities after consideration of the Asset Allocation Committee Investment Policy statements and client risk tolerance. This person will be required to obtain series 7 and 66 licenses for this position.
• *Minimum 4 years of computer experience required (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• *Minimum 3 years of experience working in a professional team environment required
• *MBA and/or CFA, or current pursuit of either
• Series 7 and 66 licenses preferred
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in advising on critical transactions and in executing transactions on their behalf
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound knowledge and understanding of various departments within City National Rochdale, including but not limited to the portfolio analysis, operations and research departments and how the functions of these teams impact the portfolio management process
• Comprehensive understanding of CNR investment and research philosophy
• Ability to effectively address PM or APM trade and investment related questions
• Extensive knowledge of the Firm’s proprietary trading system, as well as the portfolio accounting system
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $15.9 billion in total assets,...