Job Posting |
We are currently hiring an IT Portfolio Analyst in Madison, WI. Current Covance employees based in Indianapolis or Harrogate could remain at current location. External candidate would need to work from Madison or Indianapolis.
Are you looking to make a change into a project management role? Do you have a history of application develop or of building tools to help solve business problems?
The Portfolio Analyst is a member of the Labs R&D IT group and is responsible for providing project and portfolio communication, investment analysis and decision support for the PMO team.
The Portfolio Analyst will aggregate project financial data, build tools and establish processes that enable a continuously decreasing project cost and project schedule variance. The Portfolio Analyst owns the implementation of systems that deliver accurate and timely project information for review and confirmation by the PMO team.
The Portfolio Analyst will receive tasks delegated from the PMO Director and PMO members that are common across all projects on an as-needed basis. It is expected the Portfolio Analyst will work to streamline and standardize project and portfolio related tasks so they are done in a consistent manner and take a continuously decreasing level of effort over time.
The Portfolio Analyst will coordinate project-level tasks across active projects in the PMO in support of Project Managers. Drive consistency and efficiency into the administrative tasks that are required to execute a project. Manage and lead small projects on an as-needed basis.
• Establishment and maintenance of tools and process that collect and aggregate project costing actuals for population of project accounting reports
• Establishment and maintenance of tools and processes that collect and aggregate project resource utilization details for population into project resource reports
• Establishment and maintenance of reporting systems to monitor and track financial and resource variance on a project and portfolio level
• Facilitate the standardization of project tool utilization and reporting mechanisms within and external to PMO
• Partner with finance, resource management, and sourcing functions within IT to ensure consistent reporting and status across all projects within the Portfolios.
• Communicate project and portfolio status and PMO performance metrics to department management, IT partners, and BU partners.
• Maintain Tollgate SharePoint portal with new projects, customizations and training.
• Maintain PMO SharePoint portal
• Maintain individual program and project level portals
• Administer PMIS / Portfolio Management Tools as needed
• Program and Portfolio level dashboards of project financials
• Portfolio governance pipeline forecast
• Weekly resource utilization reports
• Weekly FSA non-labor costing reports
• Update Project Accounting Sheets for any projects pre-TS
• Portfolio Dashboard of Project financials illustrating project and program level spending
• Portfolio Dashboard of OPPM exports illustrating opportunity status, budget, schedule, scope, and milestones
• Portfolio Dashboard of completed projects
• Collect and analyze Professional Fees
• PMO balanced scorecard report out
• Training sessions offering an initial or refreshed view of the existing IT tools, templates, reports and processes that collect and aggregate project costing data
• Collect and aggregate lessons learned across portfolios
• Develops and communicates recommendations for change to current business practices and processes, as well as controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
• Support overall process improvement efforts by driving related strategic initiatives that contribute to a more data and process driven culture.
• Facilitate cross-functional teams in the development of process models and associated process measures.
• Update and maintain project schedule
• Generation of project accounting sheets
• Organizing and coordinating meetings
• Meeting minutes
• Action Items and tracking
• Project team status reports
• Run meetings in absence of Project Manager
• Ad-hoc reporting, as needed
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
• Bachelor of Science in Business, Administration, Finance, IT, or related field
• Six Sigma Green Belt of Black Belt certification
• 3-8 years of experience in information systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office tools / automation– Project, Excel, Word, SharePoint, InfoPath
• MS Office application customization and modification through use of VBA
• Experience with standard project management tools, methodologies and frameworks
• Experience in building automated reporting systems
• Experience in creating standard reporting templates and tools within the MS Office suite
• Experience using Microsoft SharePoint to automate work flow and aggregate communication
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.