Portfolio Analyst, San Francisco, CA | 6+ months contract with likely extensions | 1099 or C2C preferred
- Work for a company that is awarded 2014 Top 10 best companies to work for by Fortune magazine
- The technology team is seeking portfolio resource analysts who thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy analyzing resource challenges. If you are an expert in resource analysis and take pride in solving complex challenges, we'd like to talk with you!
- You will be contributing to a team that is passionate about technology and that believe in making a difference in the world.
- The Portfolio Resource Analyst is responsible for managing and coordinating all resources necessary for the successful delivery and support of the IT portfolio of projects. The Portfolio Resource Analyst is internal and external facing,
- Collaborating on a daily basis with the PMO organization,IT resource and technical managers, project managers as well as external contracting agencies.This role is expected to have a solid baseline understanding of IT project management and practices.
- Maintain a forecast by project of current and planned IT resources for a given area of responsibility, internal and external, allocated to work on projects and operating budgets ability to effectively deliver projects on time and support production environments with quality.
- Working with the Portfolio team, identify specific resources needed for upcoming projects (next 2-3 months) and identify any additional needs.
- Coordinate with other Resource Analysts for projects that impact other areas of responsibility to solve for overall project needs.
- Identify resource needs and over-allocation; proactively work with Portfolio leader and appropriate Resource Owners to resolve issues; providingsolutions andescalating issues appropriately.
- Meet on regular basis (weekly/biweekly) with departmental resource managers to maintain updates/changes
- Manage resource scheduling conflicts; e.g. if a resource is available sooner or later than expected, identify
issue and work for resolution
- Create and maintain a sizing model to roughly estimate resources by role needed by project type and
complexity. This is to be used for high level portfolio p lanning purposes.
- Help drive understanding of organizational needs for IT resources. Understand who our resources are, what
their skill sets are and where/how they need to slot development and training opportunities
- External Vendor/Contracting agency management contact; engaging with VMPO regarding potential and existing resource needs
- Help develop and maintain “database” of common IT resource needs and job descriptions so we can quickly
act on additional resources whether (internal or external)
- Work to develop and maintain methodologies for project and resource reviews during projects or when they
complete. Compile feedback on resource performance on a project and store for future reference
• Minimum 4-8 Years IT Experience
• Minimum 3-5 Years IT Project Management Experience
• Experience in Scheduling for 50 resources preferred
Educational Qualification :
Hunter and Crab is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
- B.A./B.S. Degree
- PMI / Formal PM Training and CAPM a plus