Under the direction of the Team Manager of Central Collateral Operations, the Portfolio Analyst will perform ongoing due diligence to ensure the integrity of collateral information as reported by bank clients. The Portfolio Analyst will support a portfolio of accounts of a mix and complexity commensurate with their existing, and developing, level of experience and skill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Daily Monitoring Responsibilities
Client Interaction Responsibilities
- Manages a portfolio of accounts based on experience and skill set. Providing challenging stretch assignments can be expected.
- Posts same day Borrowing Base updates to the collateral monitoring system.
- Reconciles completely all required backup (Agings, Payables Agings, Inventory, marketable security statements, etc) for the Borrowing Base Report, within a 48 hour timeframe.
- Performs, as required, concentration analysis and verification calls to account debtors. Exceptions noted during review should be escalated according to the formal escalation policy.
- Any exceptions in backup/reporting received in comparison to the Handling Memo should be escalated according to the formal escalation policy.
- Ensures that complete and executed Handling Memorandums are maintained on all accounts.
- Provides back-up support to Portfolio Analysts as assigned.
- Interacts with internal and external clients to provide information relating to collateral and/or advance activity.
- Works with management to establish objectives and work to ensure performance against those objectives.
- Participates, as requested, in the refinement of business specifications and relating to the development and implementation of a new collateral monitoring platform.
- Coordinates with the Team Manager and the general lending divisions, asset based and managed assets groups to transition accounts onto, and off of, the collateral monitoring program.
- Participates, as requested, in the discussions and documentation of procedures for certain functions within the central collateral operation.
- Proactively follows-up with clients prior to the due date to insure that the BBR and back-up is received timely.
Training and Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitors reconciliation activity (between Fiserv, collateral monitoring system and client) for their portfolio of accounts, ensuring that reconciliation is documented and reviewed/approved at least weekly.
- Provides information, as requested, to the Field Exam staff.
- Works with management to formulate Borrowing Base Certificate formats for client use. Adhering to standard templates to the extent possible is preferred.
- Utilizes the Escalation Policy and Procedure as necessary and required.
- Participates in Portfolio analyst training sessions, as required.
- Participates in testing and feedback activities relating to group projects. Take the lead, or participate in, any variety of projects.
- Participates in, and monitor, cross-training activities to ensure that trained backups are available on every account assignment.
- Provides to management, any reporting data that is required in the preparation of metrics or regularly-prepared management reports.
- Works with the manager to apply the Complexity Rating Matrix to accounts for purposes of managing account assignment capacity and workload management activities.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Direct knowledge of the A/R Aging Analysis and Verification process is preferred. Undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Business is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Spreadsheet software. Knowledge of workflows relating to commercial loan and collateral processing. Knowledge of Commercial Lending (Fiserv-AS400 or other) and collateral monitoring systems (Stucky, ABLE, etc.) is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to, and pass, a pre-employment urine drug screening.
The "MB" in MB Financial doesn't stand for "Midsized Businesses," though that's its target market. The holding company owns MB Financial...