The Portfolio Analyst provides oversight and support for Investment Management Services performance reporting and Board of Trustees reporting as well as supervision of all platform projects.
- Support the development of all investment manager performance measurements and reporting using a range of internal and external resources and investment software.
- Responsible for the oversight and timely production of all board materials which includes; John Hancock Trust and John Hancock Funds, JHUSA, US Employee Plans, US College Savings and MGF & MPF (Asia). Materials include senior management board presentation and all Portfolio Analyst board reports.
- Responsible for the production and review of 15(c) annual contract renewal; including third party materials, fund analysis and board materials.
- Act as main point of contact with all parts of IMS and various business units on all board materials and reports.
- Responsible for reviewing performance reports using MS Excel modules and various systems on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis for John Hancock’s US business units –Life Insurance, Retirement Plan Services, Variable Annuities, Mutual Funds, and College Savings, in addition to Manulife's Asia, and Japan business units.
- Review and supervise ad-hoc competitive analysis on John Hancock’s investment platform versus industry competitors.
- Supervise and manage various platform related projects.
- Become an expert user on applicable systems (e.g. Morningstar Direct, MPI Stylus, Strategic Insight, FactSet) as well as provide training as needed.
- Work with team to ensure process changes are consistent and across board materials and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
John Hancock Investments is the Investment team within the John Hancock Mutual Fund business unit responsible for building and maintaining the investment platforms for the Retirement Plan Services (RPS) and Mutual Fund business units. John Hancock Investments has been a “Manager of Managers” for over 20 years, overseeing $150 billion in multi-manager assets. The team’s responsibilities include researching new investment products, asset classes and investment managers, developing investment product solutions to enhance the Mutual Fund and RPS investment platforms, supporting investment-related sales and marketing efforts, investment manager due diligence and ongoing performance monitoring for the John Hancock Board of Trustees. The department is comprised of 50+ team members located in Boston and Asia.
- 4-6 years experience in Financial Services.
- Knowledge of investments and investment concepts.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Possess leadership qualities and ability to manage team
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and other financial databases
- Experience coordinating projects across different levels and teams within an organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including building presentations
- Ability to work through complex problems with attention to detail.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment while successfully multi-tasking and meeting team deadlines.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
This position is subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Pay-to-Play Rule 206(4)-5 regarding political contributions by investment advisors and their covered associates.
Jun 24, 2014, 2:46:23 PM
Aug 23, 2014, 10:59:00 PM
Manulife Financial - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Since...