Babson Capital’s Global High Yield Investments Group is seeking a highly analytical individual to assist in analysis and monitoring of existing products and portfolios, as well as the development and marketing of new products.
The candidate selected will work closely with many areas in the group including portfolio managers, product managers and research analysts to support portfolio management and business development initiatives. Responsibilities include detailed analytical work evaluating existing portfolios and developing new portfolios. Portfolios will primarily include leveraged loans, high yield bonds and structured credit investments. The selected candidate must be highly organized, able to work independently and able to communicate effectively with senior level personnel in the group. This position will report to a Managing Director in the group.
This position will require the associate to comply with Babson Capital's Code of Ethics ("Code") pursuant to SEC rules and regulations. In accordance with Code provisions, you will be required to disclose, among other things, personal securities accounts (including household members) and investment transactions directed by you or members of your household in addition to obtaining pre-approval before making certain securities transactions. Babson Capital Compliance may also need to obtain duplicate trade confirmations and account statements from applicable brokers for monitoring purposes. In addition, you will need to make disclosures required by Form ADV.
- Bachelor’s degree (major in finance, economics or accounting preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital markets with a strong understanding of the leveraged loan, high yield bond and structured credit markets
- Very strong Microsoft Excel abilities, with ability to apply these skills to statistically evaluate investment portfolios, and proficiency with other MS Office products
- Proficiency with Bloomberg and other market analytical tools a plus
- At least 3 years of professional experience related to credit analysis, capital markets or other investment related experience with a preference for somebody that has experience working in the high yield credit markets
- Ability to work as a member of a fast-paced, transaction oriented team
- Excellent communication skills
- Occasional travel required
Babson Capital Management - 2 years ago