SUMMARY: Nuveen Asset Management seeks a portfolio analytics associate to provide portfolio analytics and special ad-hoc projects for its global and international growth portfolios.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
• 60% of the time is spent on maintaining and developing reports for the investment funds using a variety of software technologies. Portfolio maintenance reporting will be the bulk of job duties as it provides essential data used to administer the investment funds. Participation in the weekly investment meetings with the portfolio and research team is key.
• 20% of the time is spent on ad-hoc tasks/research reports between company departments (i.e. research team providing investment descriptions to marketing). Work with PM/Analysts to develop and maintain key themed reports.
• 20% on the following: Perform all aspects of trade implementation and monitor daily fund cash flow as instructed by Portfolio Managers. Maintain dynamic models by investment strategy in the trading system. Ensure accounts are in line with selected investment styles. Review numerous exception reports for reducing operational risk of managed accounts. Ensure integrity of data in certain portfolio accounting fields. Maintain compliance file for handling restrictions. Support Portfolio Managers/internal departments when unusual situations occur. Identify, research and resolve errors pertaining to managed accounts. Generate account level reports as necessary to support Portfolio Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience
• 3-5 years relevant investment experience or portfolio analytics
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
• FactSet/Bloomberg/Excel proficiency is mandatory (CRD knowledge is preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to meet both daily and periodic deadlines.
• Flexibility in adapting to scheduling and work flow changes.
• Knowledge of financial markets and basic economics concepts.
• Familiarity with international investment markets will be beneficial.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• A CFA charter holder or work towards a CFA designation is a plus.
Nuveen Investments, LLC - 11 months ago