Bank of America's Dealer Financial Services Group ("DFS") is seeking a Portfolio Management Officer III ("PMOIII"). DFS supports the financial needs of publicly and privately held franchised automobile dealers. Our credit product suite includes floor plan funding for inventory, real estate term loans, acquisition / expansion financing, as well as derivative products (interest rate swaps) and a full spectrum of Treasury Management products and services.
The PMO serves as a key member of the Commercial Client Team in handling the clients financial needs, ensuring that the overall client experience is favorable, and that the bank is in a position to expand the relationship. The client team is charged with helping clients achieve their overall financial goals via the delivery of our debt and deposit capabilities, as well as the full breadth of services offered by Bank of America.
Working closely with the client team, the PMO's primary role in the credit process is the underwriting, structuring, and documentation of credit requests. This includes an evaluation of the financial standing of the client or prospect and the appropriateness of the existing or proposed credit structure, and suggestion of any changes to help optimize the relationship. The PMO is able to underwrite and structure straightforward credit transactions with minimal oversight from the CPO/CPM. The PMO is also expected to assist the client team in identifying additional revenue opportunities.
The PMO interacts with clients and prospects to understand their financial goals and objectives, current and future financial performance, and their needs and desires for their banking relationship. The PMO will also be involved in the negotiation and closing process for transactions in their portfolio. The PMO oversees the monitoring of their assigned portfolio to maintain credit quality, and to ensure timely recognition and management of any changes via the use of the bank’s proprietary risk rating tool, and the review of various compliance, exception and past due reports.
PMO's provide ongoing coaching and support to other Credit Products team members, reporting to the Credit Products Team Lead (CPTL) and partner closely with CPOs, CMs and Credit Risk Manager (CRM).
May be filled as a PMOII depending upon experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- 5-7+ years of solid experience in general commercial credit analysis including underwriting, structuring, documentation, and portfolio management.
- Good knowledge and comprehension of loan and collateral documentation.
- Ability to multi-task and continually modify the priority of assigned workflow.
- Confidence and ability to develop an independent viewpoint and present a business case to support conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working in a team environment, ability to help influence constituencies with diverse views towards consensus.
- Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Ability to interact directly with clients on a professional, consultative basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Software skills.
- Prior experience as an Underwriter, Credit Analyst or equivalent.
- Completion of a formal commercial credit training program.
- Knowledge of the franchised automobile business.
- Prior sales experience at the Owner / CFO level.
Posting Date : 07/03/2014
Location : US-GA-Alpharetta, US-NC-Charlotte, US-NC-Greensboro
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...