Lead the sales, marketing, and profit performance of a vendor portfolio
1. Own the specified vendor’s business. Ensure sales goals are achieved and appropriate focus is provided to higher profit items to improve the profit mix for Glazer’s
2. Know the brands and how they interact with consumers, understand the core brand values and seek out opportunities to develop long term brand equity.
3. Forecast midmonths.
4. Monitor inventory to ensure appropriate stock levels are available at each branch to support local programs and achieve depletion goals.
5. Manage allocations
6. Participate in annual planning process. Provide feedback on national programs, POS material, pricing strategies, and innovation items
7. Manage all brand reviews, quarterly business reviews, and supplier meetings.
8. Budget, monitor, and track annual DPP budget. Ensure dollars are appropriately allocated to make goals and build brand equity
9. Monitor supplier Accounts Receivable to ensure statement remains current
10. Negotiate annual price increases to increase Glazer’s margin and profits. Ensure the correct pricing strategy is in place and is communicated to the sales organization.
11. Provide support to the Regional Sales Directors
12. Manage the supplier relationship for Texas - Participate in supplier meetings and conference calls. Act as the “go to’ person for all supplier related issues.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Communication: Ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and information.
• Influence and persuasion: Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, and persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
• Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze data and forecast using sound judgment and practical experience, evaluate marketing programs and determine how to bridge the gap between national programs and local needs
• Negotiation: Ability to negotiate shipment and depletion goals, pricing, tactical funds, and key performance indicators with confidence and professionalism
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Finance: Strong attention to detail, ability to track and monitor budgets, strong understanding of margin/mark up and pricing strategies
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof in related experience.
• Five years of field experience (sales or marketing) in alcoholic beverage or consumer package goods
• Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
United States-Texas-Texas State Office
Glazer's - 30+ days ago
- 20 days ago
Glazer's Wholesale Drug Company, named during Prohibition when only drugstores and drug wholesalers could deal in liquor, is a...