Position Title: Portfolio Manager (Strategy & Knowledge Management) - USP, PS Strategy
Division: U.S. Program
Department: Education - Postsecondary Success
The Foundation has set an ambitious goal: double the number of young people who earn a postsecondary degree or certificate with value in the marketplace. To accomplish this goal, we must connect the millions of young Americans who have the will to get the education they need with a way to get there: enabling them to get further, faster-and at far less cost in terms of time and money. Doubling the number of low-income young adults who earn a postsecondary degree will require us to transform not only students' perspectives but our postsecondary system so that every student can overcome the obstacles that might otherwise keep them from the education they deserve. To accomplish our goal, we are committed to working with partners large and small, including public and private partners, nonprofits, and other foundations.
The Portfolio Manager for Strategy & Knowledge Management reports to the Deputy Director, Strategy Planning & Management. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of core business and knowledge management tools and processes to support the PS Team in executing against the PS strategy, tracking and measuring strategy performance, and synthesizing portfolio and strategy level learning.
- Develops, implements, and manages core business tools processes to support PS Leadership Team and program officers with the execution of the PS strategy (e.g., management scorecards, partner capacity and workload analyses).
- Provides analysis and presents distilled findings to PS Leadership Team to inform strategy execution and decision making;
- Tracks and maintains strategy and portfolio level scorecards, provides analytic support to PS Leadership Team to assess progress against stated strategy level and portfolio milestones and desired outcomes; as needed, supports Deputy Directors and program officers in developing portfolio-level milestones and outcomes aligned to strategy level outcomes;
- Works in close coordination with Portfolio Management, Research & Evaluation teams to assess strategy and portfolio level progress against stated goals and milestones.
- Supports PS Director and Deputy Director for Strategy Planning & Management in managing annual strategy review process and development of required materials
- Support program teams with knowledge and information asset development based on strategy and initiative level goals;
- Develops and implements knowledge management activities and processes to support cross-team learning from grantmaking, evaluation, and research.
- Works in close collaboration with PS Research and Evaluation teams to synthesize cross-cutting team learning;
- Responsible for the on-going management of knowledge management tools (e.g., Sharepoint)
Reports to: Deputy Director, Strategy Planning & Management - Postsecondary Success
- Master's degree in public administration, business/economics, education, or related field and at least 7 years experience in managing complex programs, organizational performance, and/or management consulting; experience with knowledge management desired;
- High competency in both qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesis and presentation to inform group learning and decision-making; strong skills in creating ongoing venues for helping staff transform information into usable knowledge.
- Must be a quick learner, flexible, highly organized, with ability to manage multiple projects with a strong orientation to detail/quality work in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience consulting and advising internal clients;
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work independently in a matrixed organizational environment, and be comfortable in multiple, highly varied settings, tight timelines and with different work and learning styles
- Strong excel and PowerPoint experience and other data management tools, particularly to present information and data.
- Strong results orientation with positive attitude, sense of humor
- Commitment to equity and diversity
- Must have professional demeanor and ability to work with sensitive and confidential information and situations
- Familiarity with grantmaking strongly desired but not require
- Some travel and residency in Seattle, WA is required
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Requisition Number: 2981BR
Bridgestar - 12 months ago