Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Portuguese Support Customer Service Representative to join our team. This position is based out of San Diego, CA . Fluency in Portuguese is a must.
The Portuguese Support Customer Service Representative, based out of San Diego, CA, is responsible for responding to inquiries from clients, providing assistance to the end user on supported products including Wizards of the Coast core brands, applications, and software. The Portuguese Support CSR is responsible for accurate and efficient problem diagnosis. Must remain informed and trained in current products and have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to follow multiple processes accurately. Knowledge of WotC products is a plus, and knowledge/experience with products should be included with or in your submission. Fluency in Portuguese is a must.
- Efficiently and effectively resolve issues presented by our customer’s end users over the e-mail, ticket, and chat systems.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with Wizards of the Coast’s products, including the Wizards Event Reporter, DCI registration, and Magic: the Gathering Online.
- Assist Portuguese speaking customers with product related inquiries, including release dates, rules questions, and other general product information.
- Follow all processes and procedures established for the company with a high degree of efficiency.
- Always follow designated scripts and converse with customers using an alert and positive tone.
- Become proficient with helpdesk software utilizing the ticket entry system.
- Promptly complete training assignments when new modules are available and required to service assigned “Skill Sets.”
- Participate as a positive, supportive team member with a consistent goal in meeting customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maintain excellent communication with coworkers and supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a demanding customer service environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, read and get clarification, responds well to questions. Avoid long lapses in communications while waiting for seeking information or during other such occurrences. Keep the client informed of anticipated delays and up-dates on progress during these times. Write clearly and informatively, edits all work for spelling and grammar, must be able to read and interpret written information.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Show respect and sensitivity for individual & cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect, keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, work with integrity and ethics and uphold organization’s values.
- Follow policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, support organization's goals and values.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and services.
- Consistently arrive at work and on time as scheduled. Customers are serviced 24/7, so scheduling may vary; flexibility in availability to different times or shifts is necessary. Includes holidays and weekends.
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments.
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles, measure self against standard of excellence.
- Approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality and communicates it with supervisors, apply feedback to improve performance, monitor own work to ensure quality and promptness.
- Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity and works quickly. Minimize signals that indicate customers are waiting in the queue for service and when signals indicate customers are waiting, consider the need to change current activity to attend to fluctuations requiring assistance to maintain quality attention to customers in designated areas.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- SKILLS: Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks, a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys the work. Must be motivated towards constantly improving customer service and technical skills using tools provided by the company, as well as pursuing self-development beyond that available through the workplace.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be fluent in Portuguese. Familiarity with Spanish is a bonus. Must have strong verbal communication skills with the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, ability to write clearly in correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate sums, subtractions, divisions, and multiplications as seen in WotC core brands.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in the following software application
- Internet Explorer/Firefox
- E-mail Microsoft Outlook and/or Express
- Others may be indicated for specific customer support
- Ability to apply skills enabling the application of new or proprietary software with training
- Ability to type 45 WPM error free.
Education and Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-3 years customer service with direct customer interaction, general knowledge of PC applications and software, hardware and system configuration knowledge, strong problem diagnosing, and problem solving skills. Knowledge of WotC core brands, particularly Magic: the Gathering organized play, is a bonus.
- This job requires an individual to sit, chat and hear over 2/3 of the time. It requires looking at a PC monitor over 2/3 of the time. It does not require an individual to stand, walk, reach extensively with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell.
- This job rarely requires lifting weight of more than 10lbs. to be lifted or force be exerted.
- This job requires an individual to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) in order to look at computer monitors and status monitors. Manual dexterity is also a requirement for typing, use of a mouse and phone device.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...