Provides initial software support (Tier I) for the Retail Help Desk. Assists retail division with use of Goodwill’s computer systems and software. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred. Must have one year prior experience in retail/purchasing. Must have knowledge of, and experience with point of sale systems in a network environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Responsible for ensuring Point of Sale system is running efficiently.
- Responsible for the Retail Help Desk and management of related support tickets (internal and external).
- Provides initial software support (Tier I) for the Retail Help Desk.
- Generates reports and compiles data as requested. Assists with design of reports.
- Provides re-prints of credit card receipts as requested and assists with bank reconciliation as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring Telecheck devices (eclipses) are working correctly.
- Visits retail sites on a regular basis to ensure the Point of Sale system and other related retail IT systems such as label printers and check terminals are functioning properly.
- Maintains records for tax exempt customers.
- Attends retail and IT meetings as requested.
- Acts as a liaison between the retail division, POS vendor, Telecheck vendor, and IT department to ensure communications and completion of tasks.
- Responsible for computer software and hardware troubleshooting and repair on an ad hoc, emergency basis. Must work in coordination with IT team and any outside computer maintenance personnel in addressing hardware problems.
- Assists in the design, purchase, installation, and use of computer hardware, software, and supplies as needed, ensuring cost effective purchasing.
- Provide on-going training and assistance to users on Goodwill's retail systems and software.
- Assists in the preparation of retail training materials for Goodwill's retail systems and software.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation and standard operating procedures for Goodwill’s retail and IT department.
- Ensures maximum up-time for Goodwill's retail systems and software, including support coverage for evenings and weekends where applicable.
- Must maintain good working relationships with all Goodwill personnel.
- Performs duties and functions according to industry recommended best practices and Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado - 10 months ago