Company Overview: |
ADMAR Supply Company is the largest independently owned provider of construction equipment and supplies throughout New York and Pennsylvania. Every day we demonstrate why we are leaders in our field with superior planning, competitive pricing, on-time deliveries, and outstanding customer service. The business was built around a commitment to meeting the many needs of contractors with a full range of equipment provided by top manufacturer brands. The ADMAR Supply Company offers a competitive benefits package that includes generous medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, as well as 401 (k) and numerous other benefits.
Positioning Product Sales Representative Job Description:
ADMAR Supply Company has an exciting career opportunity for a Positioning Product Sales Representative based out of our Rochester, NY branch. The positioning products sales representative is responsible for selling the full-line of positioning and machine control products and providing sales and product support to territory sales reps and customers throughout the total sales cycle. Position involves customer interaction throughout the entire process of prospecting, quoting, order fulfillment, product support, training and follow-up. Position requires expertise in selling as well as knowledge of positioning and machine control products in order to assess needs of potential customers and suggest proper product offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times with existing and new accounts, as well as with internal customers.
- Exhibit strong selling skills including relationship-building, closing and follow-up.
- Increase the company-wide pipeline of positioning and machine control products and ensure that company revenue targets and ROI for those product lines are achieved.
- Achieve personal budgeted sales goals by calling on prospects and current customers. Activity goals will be determined and provided at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Provide management with weekly agendas and call reports detailing sales and related activities.
- Work with territory sales reps, branch managers and machine control sales rep to set joint sales calls to establish relationships with top positioning and machine control products prospects and customers.
- Develop and execute a yearly training plan to ensure that all territory sales reps are able to develop leads and sell the complete array of positioning products to the contractor market. Create training collateral materials.
- Work with management to develop and implement a yearly strategic business development and marketing plan, including trade shows, catalogs, direct mail, flyers and trade association meetings.
- Utilize leads from territory sales rep referrals, Dodge reports, corporate marketing lists and bids.
- Handle all bids and RFQs for positioning products and supplies in Eastern and Central New York.
- Quote customers positioning products needs. Provide specifications, features-benefits comparisons, and any associated collateral.
- Demonstrate positioning and machine control products utilizing Admar demo equipment.
- Follow-up with customers and prospects on all demos, installations and quotations within the time frame discussed with the customer and schedule appropriate follow-up calls.
- Review TOPCON website frequently for product updates and price changes. Communicate product information to the sales force and management.
- Initiate and follow through on quote-to-order process, once an order has been placed.
- Work with corporate purchasing and manufacturer to properly complete all customer orders. Communicate with corporate purchasing on stocking orders.
- Maintain knowledge of all positioning products and specifications as well as knowledge of competitive products and industry news.
- Maintain excellent organization of quotes, call reports, account profiles, orders, past customer documentation, prospect lists and training.
- Visit each branch manager regularly to ensure that adequate supplies of merchandise and literature are stocked, and to review positioning and machine control products inventory levels.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Position Requirements – The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience including sales training is required.
- Prior work experience in the construction equipment industry is highly desirable, as is experience with positioning equipment.
- Technical training and/or experience with survey equipment, lasers and GPS products is desirable.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all levels of an organization, and with outside customers necessary.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment with a high level of complexity.
- Results and process oriented.
- Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Exceptional customer service orientation which demonstrates flexibility to meet customer needs.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; a four year degree preferred.
- Ability to read, write and understand policies, procedures, contracts and detailed correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and work with common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and respond to inquiries from customers and other employees.
- Excellent listening skills and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures. Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to work in sales environment which includes: routine walking, talking, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, seeing, carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Only applicants meeting the MINIMUM requirements should apply.
ADMAR Supply Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.