This position is responsible for performing reviews and identifying documentation loan exceptions for all newly settled loan types and Change in Terms. This position is also responsible for reporting all exceptions found and reporting them via e-mail to applicable loan personnel. Responsible for adding the exceptions to the loan exception database. Prepare weekly and month end reports. Exemplifies the "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosophy.
- Assembles loan files for newly settled loans
- Reviews each file to the loan approval for accuracy.
- Reviews each file to ensure proper documentation for each loan type as required by loan policy.
- Review each file for proper execution of loan documents.
- Compiles statistics in exception data base for management review.
- Notifies applicable lending personnel and management of any findings.
- Removes reportable loan exceptions after validating additional information received from applicable lending personnel or loan documentation exception specialists.
- Prepares weekly and end of the month exception reports.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma.
- College graduate preferred.
- Prior audit of lending experience.
- Strong preference for Paralegal Certificate or academic course work with an emphasis on credit and credit instruments and regulation.
- Strong knowledge of loan perfection, loan documentation, title policies, appraisals, insurances, environmental assessments, entity formation, documents and bank policies/procedures.
- Good working knowledge of loan documentation and structures.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, self motivated, with excellent customer service skills.
- Posses strong organization, analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent PC skills and familiarity with standard office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in an office setting. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Metro Bancorp, Inc. - 19 months ago