In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time in South Burlington, VT.
Post closing review of Residential and Consumer loans in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures as well as applicable banking regulations. Act as a resource to all bank personnel on loan documentation and some regulatory issues.
Principal Duties and Objectives
1. Responsible for the post closing review of loan files according to current policies and procedures. Responsible for post closing the majority of residential and consumer loan files as well as a limited amount of small commercial loans.
2. Track all originated and closed loan files to ensure they are sent to the File Library after closing in accordance with established procedures, including follow up with lending staff and placement of exceptions as necessary.
3. Communicate any document deficiencies or procedural issues which may require follow-up with Compliance Officer/Doc Prep Supervisor or File Library Supervisor to ensure files are efficiently documented. Determine whether any corrective action is necessary and forward recommendations to the appropriate individual.
4. I nput applicable exceptions in Baker Hill system. Responsible for the removal of exceptions that have been appropriately satisfied or waived.
5. Act as a resource for Post-closing related questions for all bank personnel.
6. Be able to identify loan data correctly displayed in reference to multiple lending applications.
7. Act as resource for appropriate identification and indexing for miscellaneous documents received by the File Library.
8. Maintain knowledge of regulations and compliance issues.
9. P erform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Working knowledge of Residential and Consumer loan documentation as well as limited knowledge of Commercial loan documentation.
2. Working knowledge of Consumer lending regulations.
3. Experience with GUI Loan System, Baker Hill and Nautilus preferred. Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook software strongly desired.
4. Ability to set priorities and organize time to meet deadlines. Flexibility to work in an environment that may have changing priorities.
5. Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
6. Strong problem solving skills.
7. Ability to obtain and relate essential information with various levels of staff at appropriate times.
8. Proven record of accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
10. Ability to adapt and learn various computer applications.
11. Excellent customer service skills.
Established in 1849, Merchants Bank is the largest Vermont-based bank. The bank's consumer, business, municipal and investment customers...