Performs specialized Post Doctoral work in the planning, conducting and/or supervision of original research. Responsible for participating in a research project associated with Ph.D studies and the interpretation of the results of publication. Work is performed under supervision of graduate faculty members with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Adheres to federal, state and institutional policies and procedures as related to the conduct of human subject research and HIPAA compliance.
- Preparation of cells and tissues for histological and immunocythochemical and immunohistochemical analysis.
- Perform digital imaging of tissues and animals; amplify RNA from cells and tissue by using Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase chain Reaction methods and perform protein isolation and identification experiments using proteomic technology.
- Perform survival or non-survival surgery on laboratory animals.
- Collect, records, maintains and interprets data.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of lab and lab equipment including ordering supplies, dishwashing, etc.
- Other duties are required to ensure the smooth operation of research lab and to facilitate the conduct of approved research study.
Doctoral (Ph.D) degree in biology, biochemistry, endocrinology, molecular biology or physiology preferred.
Candidate must be able to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Must have the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PhD in area of project specialization Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities. Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public. Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed
Individuals in this position should have a strong background in physiology, survival and non-survival surgery in laboratory animal models, knowledge of tissue preservation, immunocytochemistry, genomics, proteomics and digital imaging is preferable.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Stand; Walk; Sit;
>2/3 of time: Use hands to finger, handle, feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear.
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-1/3 to 2/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Toxic or caustic chemicals; Risk of radiation.
Hourly Pay Range
0 - 0
Monthly Pay Range
0 - 0
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 12 months ago