Post-Doctoral Scientist – Autoimmunity Research- Fixed Duration Employment:
The BioTechnology and Autoimmunity Discovery Research Division of Eli Lilly and Company is seeking a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Research Scientist to join our Autoimmunity team. This team is dedicated to investigate mechanisms of autoimmune diseases and to discover and validate novel targets of interest leading to the generation and development of biotherapeutics. The focus of the studies is to investigate pathways of tolerance including by which anti-CD3 antibodies modulate the immune system and induce tolerance. Initial investigations will concentrate on a novel collection of affinity diverse anti-CD3 antibodies and their effects on naïve, activated and regulatory T cells. The research will involve both in vivo and in vitro approaches, using unique reagents developed by our collaborating team of protein engineers, as well as cutting edge technologies, such as a mass cytometer (CyTOF) located in our facility.
Key Objectives and Deliverables:
• Candidate is expected to attend scientific conferences, publish in high impact peer reviewed journals, and establish a vigorous research program enabling the candidate to emerge as a a competitive independent investigator in industry or the academic sector.
• Candidate will execute experiments, develop reagents, methods and assays, record and interpret data, and succinctly communicate results in oral and written form.
• Candidate is also expected to integrate into a multidisciplinary team effort consisting of scientists with expertise in immunology, protein biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology, quantitative mass spectrometry, bioinformatics, chromatography, and statistics.
• Ph.D. in Immunology or a related area that provides the appropriate background.
• Experience in molecular and cellular biology, multicolor flow cytometry, and preclinical rodent models of Immunology.
• Outstanding record of independent and collaborative research.
• Strong problem solving, data analysis and interpretation skills.
• Ability to present data and summarize conclusions in written and oral forms.
• Motivated to attend scientific meetings, publish, and establish a vigorous research program conducive to the emergence as an independent investigator.
• Experience with human leukocytes is a plus but not required.
This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of 2 years, with the option to extend an additional 2 years
The candidate taking this role will be part of a growing community of post-doctoral fellows at Eli Lilly in various US and global sites who have the opportunity to do great fundamental research but also to experience the process of drug discovery research. This position is at the San Diego Lilly Biotechnology Center site located in the heart of the San Diego biotechnology and academic community and would be co-supervised by senior investigators with skills across the spectrum of antibody engineering, in vitro and molecular immunology and pharmacology.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in...