Summary: Supervises and coordinates the activities of all assigned shift Security Officers; Executes all tasks related to maintaining prescribed standards in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Operations Manager:
- Responsible for the performance of the shift Security Officers on duty;
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of the Specific and General Post instructions for post(s). Has practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client;
- Patrols post assigned by walking or using company provided vehicle where applicable;
- Conducts inspections of Post and Security Officers for proper compliance with the specific Post Orders, Walden Security procedures and general knowledge of post assignment;
- Informs the Post supervisor, Roving or Field Supervisors and the Operations Manager of matters/issues that cannot wait until the next workday;
- Records the daily events of their post on the Officers Daily Reports (ODR) which will be reviewed by the Post Supervisor, Roving or Field Supervisors and the Operations Manager;
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips and contracted random inspections.
- Assists in conducting on-the-job-training for newly assigned Security Officers as necessary;
- Responds to urgent client needs/requests for services or changes to services;
- Properly notifies authorities (supervisors, police or fire department, client, etc.) of emergency situations and/or post order violations;
- Examines doors, windows, and gates of assigned posts to determine that they are secure;
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts;
Receives general direction from Operations Manager. Exercises direct supervision over 1-5 Security Officers. Provides input to the management in regards to operation, status of posts and Security Officers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos using the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet programs, Word Processing software and other software as required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Where applicable: State Security Officer License; Certification in the use of weapons, State Armed License if required; Valid Drivers' License, if in driving position; CPR/AED/First Aid Certification may be needed.
Complete field supervisory training and any additional training the post instructions require. Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check. Vehicle operators must be at least 25 years of age and have a driving record with no more than one moving violation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see and distinguish basic colors.
Employees must be able to hear within normal speech range and alarm range.
Employees must be able to move quickly in any emergency and must be capable of handling portable fire extinguishers and other related equipment when necessary.
Employees must be mentally and emotionally stable. They must not have detectable neurotic or physical conditions which will adversely affect their ability to act properly during situations involving mental stress.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific environment varies by post. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Walden Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Walden Security - 19 months ago