The Post Transition Assessment Coordinator provides post discharge follow up phone calls in conjunction with the Case Management department. They are responsible for the assessment of issues and concerns the patient may have following discharge and to provide follow up or correction as indicated. The Coordinator will track and report all calls and issues found to the Director of Case Management. They will work with all departments of the clinic and hospital as needed.
1. Assists with the development and transition from the discharge follow up phone call program to the Post Transition Assessment Program.
2. Places follow up phone calls to discharged patients within set time limit following transition from hospital.
3. Maintains contact with all involved parties.
4. Maintains call log and creates tracking reports based on information as often as necessary.
5. Delegates calls to other team members when appropriate.
6. Reports negative findings during call to appropriate department/facility.
7. Provides follow up when needed.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program.
- Licensure/Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year related work experience in medical field,
preferably in hospital setting. Must have proficient computer