As a pioneering leader in science and medicine, BloodCenter of Wisconsin (BCW) contributes to the discovery, diagnosis, treatment and cures for patients like no other single organization can by virtue of the expertise, diversity and innovation that reside within each of its service areas. BCW provides life-saving blood, organ, tissue and marrow for Wisconsin families. As a not-for-profit organization, BCW specializes in diagnostic testing, medical services and leading-edge basic and clinical research. In collaboration with our many partners in the community – hospitals, health care providers, blood drive sponsors, researchers, philanthropic supporters and volunteers. BCW is privileged to serve patients locally and throughout the world.
Under the direction of Dr. Weiguo Cui, further develops and expands understanding of scientific theory in his area of interest. Incumbent also learns and applies scientific laboratory techniques and gains experience in other areas of research that will lead to increased probability of success as an independent scientist. This is a training position with an expected duration of 1 – 3 years.
Required minimum qualifications include M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent degree, 0-6 years postdoctoral experience, demonstrated ability to independently apply understanding of scientific theory to the structure and execution of research experiments, demonstrated ability to interpret and explain the theoretical basis of the work performed and ability to perform research procedures independently.
In this position you will:
- Work with Principal Investigator to develop a research project
- Execute laboratory experiments specific to aims of research
- Troubleshoot assays and customizes experimental tools to answer research questions
- Coordinate external and internal resources necessary for completion of research plan
- Provide direction to Technologists and Trainees
- Generate clear and complete records of experimental work
- Communicate results of research at meetings
- Participate in publication and presentation of research
BloodCenter of Wisconsin - 15 months ago