Under the direction and general guidance of the Principle Investigator, this position is responsible for NIH grant-funded projects related to Digitalis-induced signaling by cardiac Na/K-ATPase.
1. Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in biology or a closely related field required.
2. One (1) year experience with standard instrumentation utilized in a Biochemistry research laboratory required.
3. Ability to assist with writing drafts of research manuscripts required.
4. Solid mathematical skills as related to laboratory calculations required.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, required.
6. Ability to perform / initiate experiments with independence.
7. Must be familiar with chemical hygiene and biosafety procedures, and willing to accept training in such procedures.
One (1) year experience with mammalian cell culture techniques preferred.
University of Toledo - 2 years ago