The University of Arizona School of Plant Sciences is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate with expertise in molecular and cellular biology. The Mosher laboratory (http://cals.arizona.edu/research/mosherlab) is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to perform NSF-funded research on small RNA-directed DNA methylation in the model organism Arabidopsis thaliana.
The qualified applicant will use advanced biological techniques, including high-throughput sequencing technologies, to answer fundamental questions in eukaryotic gene regulation. Proven expertise in molecular/cellular biology and excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A sound understanding of high throughput sequencing and prior experience with analysis of the resulting data sets are highly desired. Expertise with fluorescent microscopy is also advantageous. The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Perform high-quality laboratory research.
- Communicate results in oral and written form.
- Develop new research objectives as appropriate.
- Supervise graduate or undergraduate students.
- Attend and participate in lab meetings, journal clubs, and departmental seminars.
Not applicable for this position.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- A Ph.D. in the field of molecular biology, genetics, or related discipline.
- Proven experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent organization and record keeping.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- A sound understanding of the challenges of large datasets, including statistical analysis.
- Prior experience with high-throughput (next-generation) sequencing and associated data analysis.
- Expertise with fluorescent microscopy.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
University of Arizona - 14 months ago