National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for the Sport
s Science Institute
The Sports Science Institute (SSI) at the NCAA is offering a postdoctoral research fellowship based out of the NCAA’s Indianapolis headquarters. The scholar in this position will collaborate with the NCAA’s Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and NCAA research department to analyze and disseminate data from a variety of national research studies of student-athlete health and well-being. The ideal candidate will have experience in epidemiology, sports injury and/or psychological health. A strong background in research and statistics, and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences is required.
Qualifications of Applicants
- Work with the CMO and NCAA research department on various aspects of research development including the elaboration of significant research questions, accessing and applying previous research, conducting high-level analyses using national data, and communicating results.
- Perform appropriate quantitative analyses of large national data sets. This necessitates familiarity with basic database management and statistical software. It also requires a background in various analytic techniques that could include linear/logistic regression analysis, multilevel modeling, structural equation modeling, Bayesian analysis and exploratory data mining techniques.
- Evaluate research results, make appropriate inferences and participate in subsequent discussions of the research with scholars and policymakers.
- Produce written reports and papers for academic journals and present results to national audiences that could include university presidents, university administrators, athletics administrators, faculty, coaches, student-athletes, scholars and the media.
Salary and Benefits
- Applicants should have completed a Ph.D. in psychology, epidemiology or a related field and be able to demonstrate their skills and background through extensive scholarly productivity.
NOTE: A full curriculum vitae should be uploaded in the resume upload section. Three references are also required.
- Initial appointment is for one year and may be extended for a second year. The salary range for this 12-month position is $40,000-$50,000 (based on experience) plus health benefits.
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -