Requisition ID: 017437
Academic/Internal Title Postdoctoral Scholar-Research Associate
Division/School Viterbi School of Engineering
Department: Information Sciences Institute
Location: Marina Del Rey
Employment Type: Full-Time
Percent of time for Part-time Position:
Salary Range: Negotiable
Job Announcement: The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
**This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA**
USC's Viterbi School of Engineering - Information Sciences Institute (VSoE/ISI) is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar- Research Associate to join the Intelligent Systems Group in Marina del Rey. This is a one-year fixed term position, with possibility of reappointment for a second year.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers, and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum Education:Minimum Experience:Minimum Field of Expertise:
Preferred Education: A PhD in computer science or a related field is required.
Preferred Experience: *Strong background in statistical text mining or machine learning;
Preferred Field of Expertise: Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the same or related field.
- Experience with natural language parsing and/or social network analysis.
Position Type: New
Special Instructions to Applicants:
USC - 10 months ago