The Civic Consulting Alliance works with public sector leaders dedicated to making lasting, positive change, and private sector leaders who contribute services pro bono to help create that change. This opportunity allows recent graduates of Master’s degree programs to develop leadership skills, create a civic network, and have a positive impact on Chicago.
Postgraduate Fellows work on Chicago's most pressing issues, such as public education, environment, quality of life services, and workforce development. Fellows work alongside the Alliance's professional staff and private-sector partners to consult with senior-level government clients.
Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Complete high-impact projects for the city of Chicago, its Sister Agencies (e.g Chicago Public School, City Colleges of Chicago, Chicago Transit Authority) or Cook County
- Work with Civic Consulting principals, senior business executives, and government leaders to define problems, architect solutions, and oversee implementation
- Gain valuable experience working within the context of one of the most innovative and influential public-private partnerships in the nation.
- At least 2 years of business experience, preferably in consulting or project management
- Masters degree in business, public policy, public affairs or related field
- Significant analytic, relationship management, research, and communication skills. Specific business skills may be required for some projects
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a complex political environment
- Track record of success and ability to get things done, preferably in large organizations.
- Desire to serve the City of Chicago and its government agencies