- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience supporting power electronics component and supplier development.
- Familiarity with reading and creation of electrical/electronic schematics
- Demonstrated skills using lab equipment such as an oscilloscope, function generator, current probes, and data acquisition using tools such as LabVIEW.
- Experience building and testing electrical/electronic circuits.
- Lab experience with circuit verification and debug.
- Ability to give direction to lab technicians and perform work requested.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Familiar with design for high voltage (1000V +) creepage and clearance, and isolation.
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage wiring and testing practices
- Familiarity with controls design including software.
- Experience with thermal analysis of power electronic circuits
- Experience in working with electronic component suppliers
This position is part of Caterpillar Inc.'s Power Electronics development team, which develops power electronics solutions for Caterpillar applications. This position will be responsible for developing power electronic suppliers and their products for use in Off Highway Mining Truck applications and will be required to work with cross-functional teams of technical experts, controls engineers, and component suppliers to meet performance, cost and quality objectives. Typical activities of this position include requirements definition, concept development, FMEAs, and verification and validation of designs.
Job Posting Close Date
Job posting will close at 11:59 pm (CST) on Monday, May 7, 2012.
Caterpillar Inc. - 12 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the world...