Space Fence is a program that will revamp the way the U.S. Air Force identifies and tracks objects in space. Space Fence will use S-band ground-based radars to provide the Air Force with uncued detection, tracking and accurate measurement of space objects, primarily in low-earth orbit. The geographic separation and the higher wave frequency of the new Space Fence radars will allow for the detection of much smaller microsatellites and debris than current systems. Additionally, Space Fence design will significantly improve the timeliness with which operators can detect space events which could present potential threats to GPS satellites or the International Space Station. Space Fence will replace the existing Air Force Space Surveillance System, or VHF Fence, which has been in service since the early 1960s. The new system’s initial operational capability is scheduled for 2017.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., has a position available for a Power Engineer located in its Richardson, TX location. GDST designs, builds and installs complex Satcom Antennas, High Power Radar facilities and Optical Telescope mounts. The Power Engineer is responsible for all aspects of power distribution for domestic and international installations, with immediate focus on installations in the Marshall Islands. The Power Engineer will perform the analysis needed to define and select all power distribution components, complete all design documentation, work with purchasing to procure components and develop installation plans and procedures for a government funded radar system. The Power Engineer will be responsible for meeting all applicable domestic and international electrical codes and customer specification requirements. The desired candidate shall have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or a related field along with a minimum of 5 years of Power Distribution Design experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Performs electrical power system (480VAC) analysis and design, including equipment (cables, transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, etc.) sizing and specification, raceway sizing and routing, equipment layout and elevations and one line diagrams.
- Prepares construction contract packages and construction cost estimates.
- Completes all facility schematics detailing the power distribution to equipment racks and chassis.
- Decomposes customer specifications and develop applicable documentation showing that all specifications are met.
- Develops test plans and procedures to demonstrate compliance.
- Presents analysis at internal and customer design reviews.
- May need to travel to sites to coordinate with local contractors and supervise work effort.
- Reviews as built changes and incorporation into drawing packages.
Qualified candidates must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience with supporting complex power system design requirements.
* Capable of defining and delegating tasks to assistants.
* Experience with lightning protection and EMNI is a plus.
* Ability to independently manage multiple projects on-going simultaneously from project inception to completion of construction.
* Excellent communication skills due to close contact with the customers, Management, Engineering team and manufacturing.
* Must have computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
* Travel may be required to support field installations and fielded systems.
* Must be a U.S. person.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent related degree is required.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
Are you ready to help us create a better tomorrow? General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc. may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. The position is located in Richardson, TX. If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to www.gdsatcom.com. Go to "Submit a Resume" and attach your resume to requisition N13-16127.
General Dynamics C4 Systems - 13 months ago
General Dynamics C4 Systems specializes in command and control, communications networking, rugged computing, information assurance and cyber...