Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We have an immediate need for a talented Dealer Diagnostic Support Representative to join our team.
The Field Service Manager provides leadership and directs and coordinates all activities of the field service department for the branch. The Field Service Manager works very closely with the Branch FS Manager, Customer Service Representatives, our Parts Department and other Service Supervisors to provide the highest quality service event to our customers. They communicate our Vision, Mission and Operating Principals to customers, employees and other stakeholders by his actions and his words.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of work, parts availability and skill of personnel.
• Assign technicians to work and monitor progress against schedules.
• Monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
• Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance. This includes monitoring technician efficiency daily.
• Inspect vehicles and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
• Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
• Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
• Assist in the development of customer quotes for parts, labor, and outside purchases.
• Assist and / or advise technicians on proper process, procedures, tools, SRTs, troubleshooting, etc.
• Schedule, communicate after-hours, week-end emergency call-out assignments and priorities.
• Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques; operational procedures; and equipment use.
• Enter Cummins PIR and Onan ITT database info when needed
• Work with in-shop personnel for optimum technician utilization
• Daily coordination of department efforts with PM Manager, Field Service Writer, power gen and Cummins sales persons.
The successful candidate will have:
• Associates degree in Service Management or five years experience & training with Cummins engines and Onan generators, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Would prefer to have a strong working knowledge of engine applications and services and Onan generators and transfer switches
• Position requires knowledge of Cummins engines, Onan generators, parts and warranties.
• Strong technical background.
• Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal comprehension and communications skills
• Excellent written comprehension and communications skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Must be highly skilled in problem recognition and resolution
• Must be able to apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Strong ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information as well as general business information
• Working knowledge of Business Management Systems software and Custom Reporting
• Working knowledge of Windows 7 and Cummins troubleshooting software
• Must be capable of generating service management reports from BMS and / or Custom Reporting and understanding and using those reports to monitor and manage daily operations.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as necessary.
What We Offer
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
• 401k with employer match
• Continued training/education with tuition assistance
• Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
• A competitive wage and much more.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
If interested, please click "Apply Now" or “Apply On-line”.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify
Cummins Crosspoint - 11 months ago