Responsible for building and maintaining dependable electric service in the GP&L area including overhead, underground, transmission and light system. Also, responsible for installing, removing, and maintaining transmission, distribution and service lines/ equipment.
Essential Job Functions
1) Repair and replace T&D power lines between generating stations, substations and customers/owners.
2) Build and maintain transmission/distribution electric system facilities.
3) Prepare service requests to identify locations and/or causes of malfunctions or problems.
4) Attend on-site and off-site safety training classes as scheduled by Training Manager.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Up to 1 year experience with power line work, construction and transformer loading/banking
- Basic understanding of power line construction methods and practices
- Basic understanding of electric transmission and distribution system operations
- Basic understanding of transformer theory, loading and connectivity
- Skill with office equipment and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with field crews to ensure safe work practices are followed at all times
Licenses & Certifications
Commercial Driver’s License
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in an outdoor environment; frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Majority of work performed outside at construction sites and/or power line locations.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
No experience required
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
City of Garland - 19 months ago