To prepare design, layouts and drawings according to engineering specifications or own ideas, using PRO/E. Responsible for all data required to develop a design and carry it through to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, organizes and coordinates own work as well as communicates through regular updates.
2. May work in a lead role, provide guidance and assign tasks to less experienced team members.
3. Creates and executes complex design, drafting, and layout drawings.
4. Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify GD&T and adherence to company or Industry standard practices.
5. Analyzes design options, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined; or, generates design concepts with layout indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions.
6. Determines tooling requirements
7. Use Pro/E design software to model, design and document engineering data.
8. Develop/design procedures for parts, assemblies and layouts.
9. Coordinates or completes production drawings through release cycle
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Two year degree in mechanical drafting and design technology
2. Minimum of 7 years design/drafting experience
3. Strong problem resolution skills
4. Working Knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
5. Ability to perform component and assembly level tolerance stacks
6. Design experience with high feature and complex aluminum castings, using die-casting, sand casting, and/or permanent mold casting processes
7. Proven track record and extensive experience on Pro/E modeling software and Windchill Enterprise Data Manager
8. Experience in a model year based production environment
9. Direct design experience with engine components and systems; Powersports-related engines preferred
Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction
Fast paced office environment
Polaris Industries - 4 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...