Pr Subcontracts Program Manager
Advance your future.
If you want to grow personally and professionally, we invite you to explore Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for customers in aerospace and defense. Our expertise in avionics communication and electronics solutions is strengthened by our service and support network that spans 27 countries. Working together, our global team of 20,000 employees shares a vision to create the most trusted source for our customers, applying both insight and foresight to help our customers succeed.
We have an immediate need for a Principal Subcontract Program Manager - for Government Systems Subcontracts.
The function of this position is to direct and manage the activities between Rockwell Collins, Inc. and Subcontractors/Suppliers during the life cycle of a product/program/new initiative or co-production of products while ensuring compliance with Company/Government policies and procedures. The primary focus of this position is to obtain optimum product/services in terms of costs, quality and delivery, consistent with an approved business/procurement/subcontracting plan and Company/Government policies and procedures.
This position requires a combination of skills in leadership, program management, subcontract management and supplier relationship management. This position is responsible for the overall planning, development and execution of major subcontract initiatives to support the Company's goals, objectives, and expected financial results. This position will be expected to work independently and as a team leader in the management of third party procurements, which includes providing leadership to the support teams for the planning and execution of the subcontract, establishing and negotiating the contract with the subcontractor/supplier, and managing the overall program performance from inception to end-of-life. This position will be responsible for the project/program management of the subcontract consistent with the prime contract, business plan or annual operating plans, to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and ethics.
• Leads subcontracting efforts, to establish the overall subcontract plan, proposal review criteria, analysis and evaluation of proposals.
• Acts as Business Advisor to internal customers; employs business acumen and experience to provide market knowledge, supply chain solutions, and proactive support to business units.
• Plans and leads negotiation efforts with major suppliers, reviews negotiation strategies for all program requirements.
• Serves as an expert to a program team in contractual preparation for entire program. Responsible for all subcontract products and services on assigned program. This includes managing obsolete parts, production, and on-time delivery and customer returned goods. May be responsible for product and service roadmap for future subcontracted product features/enhancements.
• Leads and conducts proposal preparation, and management of highly complex major subcontracts.
• Manages contract performance from beginning to end for conformance to original proposal.
• Briefs Senior Management as required, attends cadence reviews with suppliers and or internal upper management.
• Makes supplier visits as required to insure support of program and customer requirements and schedules.
• May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
• Serves as primary contact for internal program teams regarding subcontract management deliverables. Charged with building and maintaining relationship with second and third level program management and having cognizance over a portfolio of programs.
• Acts as official company and contracts management representative regarding legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations.
• Searches out and investigates qualified suppliers and manufacturers. Responsible for source selection when required and co-lead make/buy analysis efforts.
• Establishes and maintains risk mitigation plans for all programs and suppliers within the portfolio.
• Develops new subcontract policies, procedures and applications based on professional principles and theories. Serves as the prime spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matter relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
• Responsible for execution of programs in excess of $50M (total program) with significant subcontract content that represents as much as 50% of the total program value or critical portions of the program.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and eight years of related
experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, fourteen years
of related experience.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and ten years of related
experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, sixteen years
of related experience.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and fourteen years of
related experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, twenty
years of related experience.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity,
innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
United States-Oregon-Portland, OR
Rockwell Collins - 2 years ago
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and defense. Our...