Assist Practice Development Specialist (“PDS”) in all aspects of managing specific practice groups through the provision of marketing, business development, knowledge management, lateral attorney integration, training and logistical support. Primarily support the Investment Management and Hedge Funds practice groups. Assist PDS as well as Practice Group Leader(s) and other attorneys and professional staff in the implementation of practice group strategic and business plans within the context of overall firm strategy. Provide additional support as needed to other Practice Development Managers, PDSs or the Chief of Practice Development. Act as a liaison to administrative functions regarding group support needs. Contribute to the overall success of practice group performance.
1. Assist with practice group business development initiatives, including client presentations, responses to RFPs, and pitches. Maintain system to track all practice group specific business development initiatives.
2. Facilitate collection and maintenance of information for various legal ranking submissions.
3. Provide basic research and data collection for various projects.
4. Assist with maintenance of practice group budgets and other metrics reporting.
5. Help with coordination of internal associate training programs and work with Professional Development to handle logistics of same. Assist with the creation and tracking of training files and related matters.
6. Help schedule and coordinate group lunches and partner meetings as well as internal group social events.
7. Work on lateral partner and counsel on-boarding tasks including scheduling meetings, creating contact lists and schedules, coordinating with representatives from Operations, Finance, Marketing, Professional Development, Legal Services and CICC, and organizing the delivery of practice group and firm materials.
8. Assist with the updating of all department forms, templates and annotated models. Create system for tracking such updates and determining when new updates are needed.
9. Assist with collection and maintenance of information for Client Team action plans and other deliverables.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
• Ability to compile, review, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels.
• Establish credibility with Ropes & Gray attorneys and professional staff to bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence in working with the firm’s lawyers and professional staff.
Education and Experience Required
• An undergraduate degree.
• A background in business or equivalent experience is desirable.
Ropes & Gray - 16 months ago