Bachelors Degree required
3 - 5 Years Management Experience Required
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/REQUIREMENTS :
The Practice Manager is responsible for operations management of Woman Health.
Bachelors degree or Associates Degree with equivalent years of experience managing a medical practice
Five+ years experience in medical practice management
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, accurate, able to function in a fast-paced, high volume medical practice setting.
Understanding of, or strong ability and desire to learn how to manage projects
Background in working independently to achieve goals
High knowledge level of computerized practice management information systems; and electronic medical records; also ability and desire to advance technically
Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks and challenges.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for successful daily operations of medical practices as assigned by the Administrator, including appropriate staffing levels and staffing complement; ensuring practices are appropriately supplied and all equipment is in good working order; and facility is of highest presentation/condition for patient comfort.
- Create a comfortable work environment for physicians and staff to encourage the exchange of ideas to improve processes, enhance revenue opportunities, and provide support when acting autonomously to better the patient experience
- Work collaboratively with Revenue Cycle Specialist to fully understand assigned practices AR, denial trends, and areas for improvement/training needed by staff.
- Establish ongoing training schedule for staff and physicians to ensure optimal visit/procedure/service capture, patient payments and payer reimbursement.
- Responsible for day to day personnel issues, annual evaluations, performance management, staffing needs and timekeeping approvals.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring physicians within practices are up to date on all credentialing, CMEs, board certification, and other licensure. Work with billing company and Revenue Cycle Specialist to facilitate credentialing for new payers.
- Work with physicians to schedule time out of the office such as vacations, CMEs, and meetings to ensure appropriate level of physician staffing to meet patient demand.
- Continuously review practice operations and modify processes as appropriate for optimal operational efficiency and patient needs.
- Responsible for working with Administrator and physicians to provide input into the annual budgeting process. Responsible for managing operations to the monthly budgets as determined by the annual budget approval.
- Maintain high knowledge level of the Practice Management Information System (PMIS) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in order to leverage technology to create revenue capture solutions, and recommend operational changes at each practice location
- Provide recommendations for enhancing revenue and offering new services
- Attend Medical Center meetings as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit, community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities....