The Department of Orofacial Sciences is a new and exciting academic and clinical enterprise, the role of which is teaching and practicing the diagnosis and treatment of localized and systemic oral diseases and developmental conditions, and advancing knowledge about them.
The Practice Manager is responsible for the synchronization of the clinical and business operational services for the Orthodontic Clinic in the Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry. Services include the coordination of patient reception, scheduling, staffing and billing for a very busy residency based clinic, as well as the faculty group practice. Reports directly to the Department Manager. Assists in developing strategic plans for providing quality care and services which are aligned with the School of Dentistry, federal, state and local regulations; the incumbent will also perform other duties as assigned.
The Orthodontic Clinic has annual clinic revenue of approximately $1.4 million. The clinic is actively engaged in teaching, research and patient care services, including a postgraduate clinic and a faculty practice. The Orthodontic Teaching program has 15 residents.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least five years of clinic management experience
• Two years of supervisory experience
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required addressing the varied issues that are presented in the clinic.
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching up to shoulder height, lifting/pushing/pulling over 20 lbs., carrying up to 21-30lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use; exposure to chemicals or toxic substances, latex; ability to differentiate color.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Knowledge of UCSF personnel policy and experience with UCSF labor relations procedures.
• Knowledge of AxiUm Practice Management System, UCSF WebLinks and PeopleSoft programs, purchasing procedures, billing procedures, collection, and marketing.
• Excellent working relationships with faculty, residents, staff and patients, and various departments within the School of Dentistry. Ability to use initiative to deal with problems in the clinic in a timely manner, especially with patients.
• Exceptional telephone skills. Excellent communication, data entry and organizational skills. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in an effective and courteous manner. Must be a team player who works well with staff, faculty, and patients.
University of California San Francisco - 12 months ago